parmesan, artichoke, shallot and thyme frittata
Try this recipe if you want to bite into perfection!
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 can of artichokes (398 ml), rinsed, drained and chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
salt and pepper, to suit your taste
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup water
1/4 to 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 385°F.
2. Fry the shallots in olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan until they are nicely browned.
3. In a separate bowl, as the shallots are frying, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise, water, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Add the artichokes and the egg mixture to the pan. Allow to sit over medium heat for 4 or 5 minutes.
5. Distribute a nice handful of parmesan over the pan of eggy-artichoke goodness. Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, cut into 4 slices, perfecto!
Tammy Schmidt, Montreal