ice cream and too many sprinkles
Stayin’ Cool. Ice cream? Shade? What do you do to stay cool in August?
Do you spend your weekends in the heat, volunteering for your favorite cause (that’s cool!) or do you sit poolside with drink in hand? Mojitos, anyone?
Air conditioners, fans, umbrellas, water… greenscapes… let your photography and imagination run wild on the theme of “Stayin’ Cool” and then send us your pics for inclusion in this blog either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting your pic directly on our Facebook Page’s wall.
Stay cool everyone!
brilliant echinacea flowers in front of a nice patch of mint
Is mint taking over your garden? Here is one way to use it up.
* Take a good fist full of mint from the garden
* Coarsely chop it with scissors and put the mint into a shaker or jar
* Add a little gin to the shaker. Add 3 ice cubes and juice of a lime
* Shake vigorously to bruise the mint. Allow to sit and infuse as long as you can stand (at least 2 minutes)
* Strain into a glass filled with ice
* Top with tonic water or sparkling water, stir, voila!
Tammy Schmidt, Montreal